The mission of Marblue Montessori Academy is to prepare students to be life-long learners and responsible citizens with a strong awareness of their place within the global community.
Through the application of the Montessori philosophy and methodology, children learn at their own pace in a nurturing, non-competitive, socially-rich environment. This enables each child to develop their own gifts and interests, while acquiring the self-discipline and responsibility that come from concentration on self-directed work.
- That all children can achieve at high levels, given proper encouragement and a well-prepared environment.
- That each child deserves to be respected as an individual.
- That curiosity, creativity, and imagination are qualities to be encouraged and nurtured.
- That integrity and a positive self-concept are essential for students to become productive members of society.
- That school staff is there to facilitate the growth and development of all students into self-directed, responsible, graceful and respectful citizens who think critically and take ownership of their learning.
- That parents, children, and school staff are partners in education.
- That the community has a vested interest in the school, and that the school, in turn, is a vital member of the community.
Marblue Montessori Academy (originally named Marware Montessori Academy) was founded by Maria & Edward Martin, to provide the best possible education for their two young children.
The school was two years in the making. The first building chosen for the Casa dei Bambini was in a residential setting, but the surrounding neighbors strongly objected to having a school in their area. A search for a new location began. In December of 2008, the current property was purchased. After two months of zoning hearings, three months of plan reviews, six months of construction, and a month of licensing inspections, the school was finally a reality and opened the doors for enrollment on January 4, 2010.
Marware Montessori Academy changed its name to Marblue Montessori Academy in the Summer of 2014. A new Elementary building and a third Children's House classroom were added in the summer of 2014, in time for the 2014-2015 school year.
About the logo:
Veritas-Unitas-Pacis is latin for Truth-Unity-Peace.
Truth unites us and brings us peace.